Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Teacher's Christmas Gift 2011



Each year teachers receive very thoughtful gifts from their students. Sometimes the student really knows what the teacher will like. Other times, they gift a gift that is sweet but not something the teacher can really use. This year we gave the teacher gift cards from the class. Students could purchase their own cards or donate money towards a group card.

In addition, I asked each student for their cut out hand prints. They were to write their name on each hand. They could use construction paper, or white paper and paint or color it. I used plain poster board and glued down the hand prints. It was a bit of a challenge to make sure each name was visible at least once. It was super easy and the different colored paper added dimension to the tree. For the base of the tree, I traced my son's footprints on brown construction paper.

Finally, I simply taped the gift cards to the tree as the ornaments.

What I'd do differently in the future? I would have used mini tinsel garland instead of ribbon. I would also specify that student names were on the palm of each hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment